Founded through the first election of officers on April 6, 1857, Olive Township selected its first Supervisor, Clerk and Treasurer through the vote of 57 attendees. Today, Olive Township has approximately 2,700 registered voters and the ninth Supervisor of record since its founding. Originally named Eastman Township and extending all the way to Lake Michigan as the western border, Olive Township split in 1915, creating current day Port Sheldon Township.
The December Board of Review will meet to correct clerical errors, and mutual mistakes of fact. No valuation appeals will be heard at this meeting.
Read the current agenda for the Planning Commission meeting here
The treasurer will be collecting property taxes from 9 am to 4 pm at the township hall
Read the agenda for the current meeting here.